Galápagos Land Cost Includes:
- All accommodations, including 3 nights in a First Class hotel in Quito, Ecuador and 10 or 14 nights aboard the yacht in the Galápagos. Accommodations in Quito include 2 people sharing a double room. If you prefer your own room, there is a Single Supplement Cost of $330 per person (2017 rates); see the Reservation Information section of the Trip Application Form. All boat cabins must be shared, except by special arrangement (a single occommodation option is available at an additional cost - space is limited)
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages aboard the yacht, and most meals (as indicated in the itinerary) in Quito.
- All airport transfers in Quito and the Galápagos.
- The services of an expert-level Tour Leader accompanying the group and a University-level Naturalist Guide conducting the land tours.
- Governmental yacht Fuel Tax of $360 or $460 per person for 11 or 15 days aboard the yacht (subject to change).*
Galápagos Land Cost Does Not Include:
- Any airfare (the Quito/Galápagos roundtrip is currently $560 per person)
- Galápagos National Park Entrance Fee (currently $100 per person)
- Galápagos Tourist/Migration Card (currently $20 per person)
- Gratuities to guide and crew (suggested at roughly $21-$22 per day but discretionary)
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance Coverage is strongly suggested, both to protect your investment in the tour, but also to safeguard yourself in the case of an accident while abroad - you will be traveling to a remote and wonderful corner of the globe that however has minimal ready care in the case of a medical emergency.
* The government of Ecuador implemented a diesel fuel tax, effective mid-2008, on all vessels purchasing in excess of 4,000 gallons of fuel per month. We now include this fuel tax in the total Land Cost of our workshops. Total Land Cost may however be adjusted at any time based on governmental changes in the fuel tax, which are beyond our control.
Galápagos Deposits & Payments:
A $400 deposit per person is adequate to reserve your space on a workshop. Final tour payment will be due 75 days prior to departure, with Quito/Galápagos flights due 45 days prior to departure. Payments may be made by personal check, money order, certified or cashier's check, wire transfer, or by Visa or MasterCard (checks and money orders in US funds only, drawn on a North American bank).
All cancellations shall be in writing (fax & e-mail are acceptable). A comprehensive International Travel Protection Insurance package (including Trip Cancellation/Interruption, Travel Delay, Baggage Insurance and Medical coverage) is available through GALAPAGOS TRAVEL to all U.S. residents. You will receive a policy application along with your deposit receipt.
For cancellations received:
Up to 90 days prior to departure, there is a cancellation charge of $200 per person.
75-89 days prior to departure, there is a cancellation charge of $400 per person.
45-74 days prior to departure, there is a cancellation charge of 25% of the land cost per person.
1-44 days prior to departure, on the departure date, or "no show," there is a cancellation charge of 100% of the land cost per person.
If a cancellation occurs 75 days or less prior to departure, and full payment has not yet been received, the full penalty still applies and unpaid monies are due immediately. Refunds cannot be made to passengers who do not complete the tour for any reason whatsoever.